Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Point In Time recovery with timestamp (Oracle 12c, RHEL 7)
Point In Time recovery with timestamp [message #679939] Tue, 14 April 2020 07:55 Go to next message
mr_robot
I'm attempting to perform a redirected Point in Time Recovery using a timestamp for backup done about a month ago.
Restoration of datafiles completes successfully. However process fails ,as it tries to look for an archive log of a backup from a future backup, which had been expired

RMAN-20506: no backup of archived log found
RMAN-06053: unable to perform media recovery because of missing log
RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 14203 and starting SCN of 1248223326 found to restore

Recovery Manager complete.
RMAN exited with return code '1'.
The recovery did not succeed.

WHich timestamp should I select that won't such that it doesn't search for an archive log of a future backup.

Re: Point In Time recovery with timestamp [message #679942 is a reply to message #679939] Tue, 14 April 2020 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

If you still have the needed archived logs you can re-catalog them using CATALOG ARCHIVELOG or CATALOG START WITH command.

Re: Point In Time recovery with timestamp [message #679943 is a reply to message #679942] Tue, 14 April 2020 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_robot
Hi , those archive logs were part of daily backups , which were set to expire after a week, and are deleted once cleaning is done.
So hence re-catalog wouldn't work.

What I thought, is that since during the backup process a log switch is done, And archive logs created during the backup process are also taken.
The recovery should be able to use those archive logs backed up for the recovery process without looking for others.

How can I achieve this.
Re: Point In Time recovery with timestamp [message #679949 is a reply to message #679943] Tue, 14 April 2020 11:11 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

You have to show us more to have a better advice: the list of what is in the backup you restore, the list of the backup you have and their content, the commands you executed to 1/ backup and 2/ restore/recover and their associated logs.

In the meantime, you can restore the archived log(s) it asks to recover from the other backups and catalog them.

Previous Topic: Help with backup
Next Topic: Apply different policy on the same database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:50:43 CDT 2024