Home » Infrastructure » Cloud and Hosting » can't create compute instance, service limits status (Compute Instance, Oracle free tier)
can't create compute instance, service limits status [message #685157] Sun, 31 October 2021 16:55 Go to next message
stormloop
/foru/forum/fa/14565/0/I have an oracle free tier account and am trying to use it to create a Compute Instance.
I used to have 2 Compute Instances before (I made one, had to terminate it eventually, then made another one, which also got terminated), I didn't have any problems with those.
However now when I try to create the Instance and I select the Ampere shape with 4 OCPU's and 24GB ram (the limit of a free tier account, also what my previous instances used to run on), I get the following error: /foru/forum/fa/14565/0/
The picture clearly shows it says that 0% is being used, however it also restricts me from creating the instance with said settings, I'd prefer to be able to use the full capacity of my free tier account instead of having to limit it.
Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance,
Stormloop
  • Attachment: error.PNG
    (Size: 8.01KB, Downloaded 1793 times)
Re: can't create compute instance, service limits status [message #685164 is a reply to message #685157] Mon, 01 November 2021 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Exactly what shape and image are you choosing? I ask because it is possible that previously your instances may have been running under the $300 credit Always Free gives you for the first month.
Re: can't create compute instance, service limits status [message #685183 is a reply to message #685164] Tue, 02 November 2021 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stormloop
I am trying to create the new instance using Oracle Linux 7.9 and Ampere (VM.Standard.A1.Flex).
My previous instances have been terminated but I can say with reasonable certainty that they followed the same Image and Shape.
I still have one block volume operational, containing a backup of my last instance, could this have any impact on my inability to create a new instance?
Re: can't create compute instance, service limits status [message #685185 is a reply to message #685183] Wed, 03 November 2021 07:11 Go to previous message
John Watson
My account lets me create one, just with a warning that it will take me up to the limit. See attached screen shot.
All I can suggest is that you try again - sorry I've nothing more to offer.
Previous Topic: Connect Oracle Autonomous Database in Microsoft Azure Data Factory
Next Topic: Do we have access to ATP DB File Server from OIC ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:47:32 CDT 2024