Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Random Slow archive Copy to Physical Standby (Oracle 12.2 EE)
Random Slow archive Copy to Physical Standby [message #685940] Sat, 30 April 2022 10:54 Go to next message
Akmmhto
Environment Details:

Primary : 2 Node RAC , Oracle 12.2 on Oracle Linux 7.
Standby : Single Node 12.2 DB on Filesystem , OS : Oracle Linux 7.

Issue:

No Issue in Thread#1 REDO COPY.
When RFS is doing copy 5 files (Assume 5 files) of Thread#2 , after copying 2-3 files suddenly its copy speed decreasing to KBPS.

However to crosscheck copy speed from Node 2 , I tried to do some manual copy from Primary Node 2 to DR , I am getting proper 10MBPS speed.

Please suggest , What can be the issue?
Re: Random Slow archive Copy to Physical Standby [message #685941 is a reply to message #685940] Sat, 30 April 2022 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Can you explain what you are seeing and why it is a problem? I ask because you may not be describing it correctly. RFS does not copy files! It receives redo and writes it to standby redo logs.
A copy/paste from a DGMGRL session showing the state of the configuration and each database would help. Please be sure to use [code] tags to format it correctly.
Re: Random Slow archive Copy to Physical Standby [message #685942 is a reply to message #685941] Sun, 01 May 2022 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Akmmhto
Yes correct, RFS does not copy files. I just wrote to make it simple.
RFS simply copy redo data.

Actually here we are not using DG Broker.

Issue is RFS is doing sometimes faster REDO copy to DR and sometimes very slow.

There is no issue with Thread#1 REDO data copy, Its speed is fine.
But issue is appearing with Thread#2 REDO copy. It is very slow. due to which MRP is always waiting for REDO Arrival.

Also i checked from NETWORK end , I didnt find any issue there.
I did some manual file copy to check whether there is any intermittent network issue , But i didnt face issue there.

So is there anything to check which i am missed here...?
Re: Random Slow archive Copy to Physical Standby [message #685944 is a reply to message #685942] Sun, 01 May 2022 03:57 Go to previous message
John Watson
Quote:
So is there anything to check which i am missed here...?
You have an incomplete understanding of how Data Guard works. RFS does not copy anything. It sits there, doing nothing, until the primary sends it some redo. I have already asked you to explain what you are seeing and why it is a problem. You have not shown the result of one query yet. For example, and I am guessing here, are you seeing a lag in redo transmission or redo apply?
A sensible first step would be to configure the Data Guard Broker. It takes about five minutes to set up, and will give you the information you need to analyze this problem.
If there is a problem. What are you worried about?
Previous Topic: Old Archivelog Entries in v$archived_log coming from inactive instance and not getting deleted
Next Topic: Query-Only non-SYS user for Mounted instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:07:26 CDT 2024