Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » End the Workflow Process
End the Workflow Process [message #178007] Mon, 19 June 2006 01:03 Go to next message
ying
Hi,

I just would like to know what is the impact if we didn' end a workflow process???? Can we have a process without explicitly end the process with End function???

pls advise....
Re: End the Workflow Process [message #178151 is a reply to message #178007] Mon, 19 June 2006 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Ying,

The End function is not mandatory. It does not do anything, it is just a call to WF_STANDARD.NOOP the same as the Start and Noop functions. You just use it for marking the end of a process, plus you can use it to return the result for a completed process.

Whether you put the End function activity at the end of your process or not, the final activity must be marked as an End activity, i.e. it is marked with a small red arrow in the lower right corner of its icon in the process window.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: End the Workflow Process [message #179389 is a reply to message #178151] Tue, 27 June 2006 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ying
Thanks you.

As what you say"Whether you put the End function activity at the end of your process or not, the final activity must be marked as an End activity".

But, our process might have multiple final activities which base on different conditions, i.e might End by sending a notification. Base on my understanding from your explaination, can I say that as long as there is an END function in our process, then it will be alright as I know that every process must have a START and an END function.

pls advise...
Re: End the Workflow Process [message #179488 is a reply to message #179389] Tue, 27 June 2006 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Ying,

Every process must have start and end activities, but these activities need not be the start or end functions. A start or end activity is any kind of function, notification or event marked as such. You mark an activity a start or end activity by right-clicking on the node in the process diagram, choose Properties, go to the Node tab and select Start or End from the Start/End drop-down.

As I tried to explain the start and end functions are just two functions not doing anything that you can use to mark the end and beginning of your processes, but there is no need for you to do so. If you use business events you would for instance begin with a receive event, e.g. some.kind.of.transaction.requested_approved, and perhaps end with one of two send events, e.g. some.kind.of.transaction.approved or some.kind.of.transaction.rejected.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: End the Workflow Process [message #179492 is a reply to message #179389] Tue, 27 June 2006 12:26 Go to previous message
agostino_neto
Ying, each process should always have a start and an end activity. I did not say a start or an end function. What does documentation say...
Indicate if the current node is a start or end activity in your process, by choosing 'START' or 'End', respectively. 'NORMAL' is the default if it is neither. You may have multiple START and END nodes in your process.
A Start activity is marked (Start) and has a small green arrow in its activity icon, and an End activity is marked (End) and has a red arrow in its activity icon.
Attention: The Start/End field is always set to Normal by default for all activity nodes. Even if you use the Standard Start or Standard End activity, you must manually edit the Start/End field to be either Start or End, respectively.
For an END node, you must also select a value for the final process result if the overall process activity has a result type associated with it. The list of values for the final process result is derived from the lookup type specified as the process activity's result type.
Ying, I hope this time you will share solutions with all forum participants. I remember of two posts. You had some responses and when you were question about forum help or how you solve the problem, you only said « I've managed to solve the problem/It's not an issue any more ».
Previous Topic: Expense Report Interface tables
Next Topic: Oracle Consultant Functional Financial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 04:39:41 CDT 2024