Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » FSG Variance
FSG Variance [message #178784] Thu, 22 June 2006 10:01 Go to next message
ERP Consultant
Hi,

In FSG YTD Variance(Budget - Actual) is not working for me, as iam using it in column set and there are also row set defined with no calculations but only for Total Revenue and Total Expenditure iam using row set calculations.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: FSG Variance [message #178792 is a reply to message #178784] Thu, 22 June 2006 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Hi,

Please look at the pre-defined Column Sets and find one that is close to what you require, then copy it to a NEW Column Set, then modify the NEW one to do exactly what you require.

If you are still having difficulties, perhaps you should read the appropriate section of the General Ledger User's Guide. If you don't have a copy of the General Ledger User's Guide, it can be downloaded, with all of the other Applications Documentation from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html

Cool HTH

David
Re: FSG Variance [message #178799 is a reply to message #178792] Thu, 22 June 2006 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ERP Consultant
Actually the variance its showing up in report is Actual + Budget whereas it shud show the difference. Is it becoz the budget values are negative amount?

actual amount is positive and budget amount is negative.
Re: FSG Variance [message #178802 is a reply to message #178799] Thu, 22 June 2006 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ERP Consultant
I was using formula for variance as

(+)Budget which is negative value
(-)Actual which is positive value

so output i was getting was addition of both so workaround is just put the formula as
(+) Budget value
(+) Actual Values = Budget - Actual. hope it will work for me.. any corrections will be helpful for me....
Re: FSG Variance [message #178916 is a reply to message #178802] Fri, 23 June 2006 07:09 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
Laughing So, the budget has been entered wrongly!

Confused Well, yes, you could rewrite your formula to hide the error in the budget, but would it not be better to correct the budget? Then you could use other column sets in FSG as well, and the inquiry forms would show the correct variance too.

Rolling Eyes It's up to you, of course, but I know which way I would do it.

Cool HTH

David.
Previous Topic: PO issue....
Next Topic: OPM Cost admiistration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 04:41:37 CDT 2024