Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Interface table for Bank&Bank Account conversion
Interface table for Bank&Bank Account conversion [message #182228] Thu, 13 July 2006 20:41 Go to next message
apache
Hai,
Is there any interface tables for Bank and Bank accounts conversion or API?
Thanks
Re: Interface table for Bank&Bank Account conversion [message #182305 is a reply to message #182228] Fri, 14 July 2006 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
As far as I know, there is no interface or API for loading Banks and Bank Accounts.

In my job implementing and supporting the Oracle Financials, I frequently have the need to load large numbers of records, and frequently need to load the same (or slightly modified) data into multiple environments for Development, Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Data Migration, Training and Production. To do this, I make extensive use of DataLoad, which is a free download from http://www.dataload.net/

DataLoad has a spreadsheet-style user interface and anybody who has used a spreadsheet will be able to use DataLoad in minutes, and should be able to test their first load (in a TEST environment) within an hour.

DataLoad does not have all of the formulae and functions available in Excel, so what I do is build an Excel spreadsheet containing all of the data that I want, making use of all of the power and facilities available in Excel, then use the DataLoad "Import from Excel" button to copy the data into DataLoad .

The steps involved in loading data are:

1.) build your data in Excel,
2.) highlight all of that data,
3.) ALT+TAB to DataLoad ,
4.) click the "Import from Excel" button
5.) from the drop-down list, select the window that you want to load the data to (e.g. Oracle Applications),
6.) click on the "Send Data to Form" button.

Now, sit back and watch as DataLoad loads all of your data through Oracle Forms with all of the normal validation that would be done just as if you had keyed it in yourself.

Note that you select the window that you want to send the data to. This need not be Oracle, so DataLoad can be used for entering data into any application that has a Windows GUI interface.

As well as the free version, there is also a Professional version, which uses the Oracle Forms "Record" and "Playback" functionality, which runs on the server and is a lot faster than the Classic version (which uses Windows Cut and Paste). Using the Professional version, I have loaded Cross-Segment Validation Rules at the rate of just over 7,100 elements per hour (or almost 2 elements per second).

Although I have no commercial connection with DataLoad , I am a moderator on the DataLoad Forum, and I will do my utmost to help any new users to get started.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Interface table for Bank&Bank Account conversion [message #182440 is a reply to message #182305] Fri, 14 July 2006 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apache
Hai David,
Thanks for the reply.I will try the same and revert you the feedback.
Regards
Prabu
Re: Interface table for Bank&Bank Account conversion [message #182480 is a reply to message #182440] Sat, 15 July 2006 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
We usually load bank information trough customer or supplier interface.
David do you have an example with screen shots ? Does anyone have a simple file and a form for test ? Are there some limitations ?
Re: Interface table for Bank&Bank Account conversion [message #182494 is a reply to message #182305] Sat, 15 July 2006 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apache
Hai david,
How does Invoices get generated automatically when we make receipts for PO.Could you tell me the settings for the same.
Thanks
Prabu
Re: Interface table for Bank&Bank Account conversion [message #182621 is a reply to message #182480] Mon, 17 July 2006 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
ngouadjeu wrote on Sat, 15 July 2006 12:34

David do you have an example with screen shots ? Does anyone have a simple file and a form for test ? Are there some limitations ?

No, but DataLoad is simple to use, and there are several "Pre-Built Spreadsheets" available via the "Downloads" tab. Unfortunately, there is not one for Banks.

Start by doing one entry manually, making note on a piece of paper of each keypress as you go along. Later you will enter these in DataLoad.

So, I have written:
                 (Navigate)
SE               Setup
P                Payment
BANKS            Banks
F11              Query Enter
BARCLAYS BANK PLC
CTL+F11          Query Run
TAB * 3          Tab into Branch Name field
ANYTOWN          Branch Name
TAB              Alternate Name
600001           Number
ALT+B            Bank Accounts Button
...              Sundry Data
...              GL Accounts Data
F2               List of TABS
*DN * 5          Down Arrow to Payable Options Tab
ENT              Press <Enter>
...              Payables Options
ALT+P            Payables Documents
...              Rest of data for first bank account
F4               Close Payables Documents Window
Save and Proceed
                 Repeat for other Bank Accounts

Now that you know the keystrokes required, open DataLoad, and in the first cell enter
\SEPBANKS

The "\" tells DataLoad to send the rest of the cell as keystrokes.
In the next cell, enter
*QE

*QE is one of DataLoad's built-in Commands. Click the "Edit Commands" button on the toolbar to see all of the commands. You will see that *QE has the description "Query Enter" and it translates to "\{F11}". We already know that the \ denotes keystrokes; the {} enclose special keys, such as the Function Keys, so no prizes for working out that \{F11} equates to pressing the F11 key, which puts the Oracle Form into Query Enter mode. In the next cell, enter the data you want to search for. In our case this is
BARCLAYS BANK PLC
but you could add wildcards (%) if appropriate. In the next cell, enter
*QR

No prizes for working out that this will do CTL+F11 or Query Run. In the next three cells, you can put
TAB, TAB, TAB

or you can combine these together in one cell as
\{TAB 3}

After entering the Bank Branch Data, we need to press the "Banks Accounts" button, which can be done with the mouse or by doing ALT+B. In the next cell, enter
*AB

which is ALT+B.
By now, you should be getting the hang of this, so I will summarise the next bit as
F2
\{DN 5}
ENT
*AP
\{F4}
*SP

You will need to select a Command Group, which will probably be 11i, tick the Auto Tab box, and select the Window Name to send the data to; the first time you do this, make sure it is a TEST system. Then click the "Send Data to Form" button, and you will almost definitely find that DataLoad is sending data to the form faster than the system can cope with it.

This can be due to performance problems on the Database server, the Applications server or (more likely) the network, so you will have to click the "Edit Delays" icon. You will have to experiment to find out what delays to set for your own environment, but start by setting 0.3 or 0.5 for the first three, and also for the commands that you use in your spreadsheet. You may find that you need to set a delay of 5 or even 10 on the *QR (Query Run) command if the query will return a large number of records. There are no hard-and-fast rules. It varies from one office to another and from one form to another.

O.K. I hope that the free DataLoad tutorial helps you to get started. Now go and have a play in a TEST system and learn what DataLoad can do for you.

Cool HTH

David.
Re: Interface table for Bank&Bank Account conversion [message #182622 is a reply to message #182494] Mon, 17 July 2006 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
apache wrote on Sat, 15 July 2006 15:09

Hai david,
How does Invoices get generated automatically when we make receipts for PO.Could you tell me the settings for the same.
Thanks
Prabu

Prabu,

Please open a new topic when asking a question that is not related to the topic under discussion.

Please note that I will not attempt to answer, as my knowledge of Purchasing is insufficient.

David.
Re: Interface table for Bank&Bank Account conversion [message #182798 is a reply to message #182622] Tue, 18 July 2006 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
Thanks David.
Re: Interface table for Bank&Bank Account conversion [message #182820 is a reply to message #182798] Tue, 18 July 2006 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
ngouadjeu wrote on Tue, 18 July 2006 10:39

Thanks David.

No problem. You are more than welcome.

Cool Please post an entry on the DataLoad Forum if you have any problems using it.

David.
Re: Interface table for Bank&Bank Account conversion [message #182957 is a reply to message #182494] Tue, 18 July 2006 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shashidhar.k
Hi Apache.,

U can do it by using "ERS (Evaluated Receipt Settlement )" OR "Self Billing " OR "Pay on Receipt".

Payment on Receipt enables you to automatically create standard, unapproved invoices for payment of goods based on receipt transactions. Invoices are created using a combination of receipt and purchase order information, eliminating duplicate manual data entry and ensuring accurate and timely data processing.

Payment on Receipt builds invoices with the following information:

Amount :-- Determined by multiplying the Quantity received by the Purchase Order Item Unit Price.

Payment Terms :-- Defaulted from the purchase order payment terms or from the supplier site payment terms, depending on your Oracle Payables setup.

Tax:-- Based on Tax Codes on each purchase order shipment, or the default tax hierarchy in Payables.

For this one u need to enable ERS option at Supplier site.

Oracle PO => Supplier Base=> Supplier =>SIte=> Purchasing (Tab).

Enter the detials i.e. based on which transaction d system should generate the Invoice.

Aftet enter the details jst save it.

Once u received the goods the u need to run one report name with "Pay on Receipt AutoInvoice program".

Once the Report ran without error the application will create the invoice.Invoice numbers are created based on the summary level. The invoice number is of the following format:

'ERS'-< X >-< Seq# >

ERS is the default prefix for Pay On Receipt invoices or any prefix you specify in the profile option PO: ERS Invoice Number Prefix.
- Seq# is a unique system generated number.
- X depends on the summary level:
- if summary level = Pay Site then X = Invoice Date
- if summary level = Packing Slip then X = Packing Slip Number
- if summary level = Receipt then X = Receipt Number

Then go to "Invoice Workbench " .,
You can find Payment on Receipt invoices by using the Find Invoices window in Oracle Payables to search for any invoice in your system containing the prefix 'ERS-.' However, you can change this prefix, using the profile option PO: ERS Invoice Number Prefix.

Thanks
Shashidhar K
Re: Interface table for Bank&Bank Account conversion [message #183426 is a reply to message #182957] Thu, 20 July 2006 20:30 Go to previous message
apache
Hai Shashi,
Thanks for the information and let me check it today.
Previous Topic: How do I kill that wretched UK Trade Info pop-up in Oracle Financials?
Next Topic: Holds for Invoices
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 04:18:50 CDT 2024