Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » API to create/update data in ra_territories table
API to create/update data in ra_territories table [message #211763] Tue, 02 January 2007 03:34 Go to next message
sudhaputtagunta
Hi all,

Do u know any API to create/update data into ra_territories table?

Thanks,
rrs
Re: API to create/update data in ra_territories table [message #211985 is a reply to message #211763] Wed, 03 January 2007 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sudhaputtagunta

NO response yet? did anyone tried it before.?
Re: API to create/update data in ra_territories table [message #212460 is a reply to message #211763] Fri, 05 January 2007 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sokmen
I did not try but I think you can try inserting the data you want by a simple sql. I don't think that table has a data relation with other tables. Probably the relation is created by TERRITORY_ID. You can get new TERRITORY_ID by RA_TERRITORIES_S sequence. Fill SYSDATE into default date columns, and -1 into CREATED_BY and LAST_UPDATED_BY columns.
Re: API to create/update data in ra_territories table [message #212499 is a reply to message #212460] Fri, 05 January 2007 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sudhaputtagunta
Thanks sokmen for your reply.

Even i got the same idea,but as updating base tables is not recommended directly in oracle apps. i am trying to find an API.

Thanks for your help once again.

Re: API to create/update data in ra_territories table [message #212505 is a reply to message #212499] Fri, 05 January 2007 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sokmen
I know that updating or inserting is not recommended in base tables but if you review some of the APIs, you can just see inserting statement. Most of the APIs are handling many exceptions, but most of them are very simple too.

There is another way. If there is a standard form that creates territory data, you can download and examine the fmb file. Probably you can find the way (insert code, API call, etc..) inserting territory data on Save button for example. If there is a simple inserting code, you can use sql query to create your data. I am sure, you can insert your data with a sql query.

The other way is to search "RA_TERRITORIES" word in ALL_SOURCES and try to find an API that calls inserts to RA_TERRITORIES table.
Re: API to create/update data in ra_territories table [message #212781 is a reply to message #212505] Mon, 08 January 2007 05:44 Go to previous message
sudhaputtagunta
Thanks Sokmen

I completed coding byinserting directly into ra_territories table
it working fine

Thanks once again for prompt reply.it helped me a lot.
Previous Topic: Oracle E-business release 12 system requirement
Next Topic: how many types of value sets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 04:00:30 CDT 2024